Huntsville is on the move to net zero energy!
Have you seen the incredible pace of clean energy activity in Huntsville lately? It’s almost been neck-breaking but who doesn’t want to see even more? In case you’ve missed some, here are the highlights.
- Clean, sustainable energy startups will get a boost at summer 2015 accelerator program
- Huntsville is the only Alabama city in running for $5M Georgetown University Energy Prize
- Redstone Arsenal to be home to the largest solar power array in Alabama
- Another major energy project coming to RSA, aim is to make 25 MW of power from biomass-generated steam
- Huntsville becoming geospatial and energy center, Washington officials tell 2014 Geo-Energy Summit
It’s great to be part of a city that is working so hard to reach net zero energy. We know there are so many great things to come for our great city and for all of Alabama.
What’s not even listed yet is that we’re working on launching the North Alabama Buildings Performance Challenge to encourage and assist the commercial sector, especially small businesses, with saving energy. Saved energy puts capital back to work where it belongs like hiring people, research and development and expanding.
We’re also hard at work creating an online dashboard to show you the latest clean energy activity all across Madison County. It will also let you submit your own energy-saving or energy-producing project. Reaching our goal of 100% clean and efficient energy will take everyone!
We just can’t say how proud we are of Huntsville for making such great strides is such a short amount of time. Of course there is ton more work to do to reach “net zero energy” but the future sure is bright.
Thank you for your part in helping us reach NetZeroHSV Let’s keep up the momentum!